C4 Forums | Control4

Yamaha AVR and Sony TV Volume Control Issues

I have a Sony XBR65X900A TV up in our master bedroom where it's connected to a Yamaha Aventage RX-A1040 receiver w/a HC250 for on-screen navigation.  All sources for this room (Roku, Bluray player, PS4) are connected to the receiver's HDMI ports 2-4 (HC250 is on HDMI port 1).  When I turn on the room using the SR250 remote and select a source (say the Roku), I get volume, but I can't control it via the SR250 remote.  When I use the volume controls on the SR250, it's trying to control the volume on the receiver and not the TV.  To adjust the volume on the Sony TV, I have to use the Sony remote.  I went into the receiver's set up menu and the Sony's TV audio menu, but everything looks correct. 

What am I missing here?

Scott

Do you want the sound coming out of speakers through the receiver or the TV?  It sounds like you want the sound through the tv, which means you need to set the tv as the audio and volume endpoints for the bedroom

Exactly.  I don't have speakers through the receiver in the master bedroom so I will get the sound/audio through the TV speakers.  I take it this is something the dealer/programmer has to address in the programming for the room?  :rolleyes:  

Isn't it though!  All the AV gear is located in our sitting room and there was an option on putting in ceiling 5.1 surround sound speakers, so I've always had a receiver, just in case.  Plus, I've never liked some of the HDMI switches... they always seem to have handshake issues w/various products like Roku.

Archived