C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless Music Bridge and Volume Differences via Bluetooth and Airplay

I’ve been testing out our system and noticed a huge difference with the Wireless Music Bridge in the volume between Bluetooth and Airplay.  For example, when I stream Pandora via Bluetooth (Samsung smart phone) to any zone at the same volume level (say 40 percent), it is considerably louder than Airplay (via iPad).  In fact, at 40 percent in my Family Room w/surround sound speakers, you can  barely hear it via Airplay, but when you switch over to Bluetooth, it blasts you out of the room.  I switched rooms to test out another zone's speakers (the Foyer) and at 40 percent you get the same affect, barely hear it via Airplay, but very loud via Bluetooth over the Wireless Music Bridge.  Also, both the Samsung phone and Ipad's volume are turned all the way up (max volume).

Any thoughts?

Scott

Once you do AirPlay check the volume on the I device. It has it's own volume setting

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Yes and airplay requires that volume to be passed to the destination.

Nearly blew my world up (and my neighbours) the first time I sent airplay to my AVR. ITunes on my pc is at 100. I use the pc master volume.

Airplay sent music and turned the AVR up to 100!

Archived