C4 Forums | Control4

Problems with Control 4 thermostats

My house has 3 AC units and we just installed a Control 4 system a few months ago including the Control 4 thermostats.  The installer and AC company are unable to make them work properly.   The thermostat tells the air handler to shut off but the outside compressor still continues to run or it will do the reverse of that on another unit, i.e., the compressor cuts off and the air handler continues to run.  I read on an old 2012 post that Control 4 thermostats do not support multi-speed fan motors - is that still true ?  One of my systems has a multi-speed fan motor on the air handler.

As of this time the thermostats are the same one they've always had - no new functions were ever added (some small improvements were made, but nothing to make it do MORE).

It seems your HVAC system is simply not compatible with the Control4 remote (or the other way around if you want to go into semantics) - you may have to look at an alternative Thermostat - there are several options out there with different levels of integration into Control 4.

There's options from Nest, Heatmiser, Aprilaire, Coolmaster, Radio thermostats, Venstar....

As of this time the thermostats are the same one they've always had - no new functions were ever added (some small improvements were made, but nothing to make it do MORE).

It seems your HVAC system is simply not compatible with the Control4 remote (or the other way around if you want to go into semantics) - you may have to look at an alternative Thermostat - there are several options out there with different levels of integration into Control 4.

There's options from Nest, Heatmiser, Aprilaire, Coolmaster, Radio thermostats, Venstar....

Don't forget Ecobee!

The ... was intended to indicate there was more but yes, I forgot to state Ecobee, Also Tekmar, BacNet options with a Field Server, there's Carrier Infinity drivers if you cna get a hold of a SAM ....

See those dots? Means there's more still ;)

Direct integration wise the C4 stat as mentioned works very well, plus native support, updates and so on are nice, but there's plenty of options out there, some with free direvers, some needing a licensed driver - but options enough.

Archived