C4 Forums | Control4

Having mini-touch ver 1 and 2 on the same C4 system.

fschaeffer

Has anyone experienced having versions 1 and 2 of the mini-touch screens on the same C4 system? Any incompatibility or issues?

I currently have one version 2 mini-touch installed on my system and may be able to get two version 1s for a considerable better price, but want to make sure I won’t have any issues before acquiring them.

the v2 has a little more memory for updating and maybe some noticeable speed increase....I have both, if you can get the v1's for a better deal, go for it....the only V2 touchscreen that is considerable in terms of performance is the 10.5.....much better than the V1...Besides, 2 touchscreens are ALWAYS better than one!!!

Since the v.1 has less memory, it's possible that at some point (I don't know for sure when), they won't be able to do all the same things the v.2 will, either the update will be too large, or the application won't fit properly.

I suggest you stick with the v.2, especially if you aren't a dealer and can't RMA them if an update bricks it because it didn't have enough memory to do the update properly.

RyanE

Well, if this were to happen, you certainly would not have a paperweight, you would have the *same* functionality you currently have. Only new functionality would not be supported on it.

For example, if feature X were a new feature, and it pushed the size too large for the v.1 to handle, you would still have all the functionality you had before, you just wouldn't have feature X.

BTW, I only have v.1 minis at my house, but if I were buying them, I would only buy v.2's, it just makes sense. If you want to save a buck, buy the v.1's, but know that they have less memory, they're by definition less capable.

RyanE

Let's just say that more memory is going to eventually catch up and be needed. If C4 put more memory into a device and that's the ONLY MAJOR change - there must be a reason for that!!!

Archived