C4 Forums | Control4

switch works but doesn't activate wall outlet

Hi all,

Finally got the Xmas lights up today, and the Xmas light switch isn't activating the under-eaves outlet it controls.  Looks to be active in Controller HE 2.5.2, can turn the switch on and off (with the LEDs responding appropriately) from keypad, phone and controller, but no power to the outlet. Ideas? Have Mass Quantities of manuals etc. but finding nothing that helps.

This is my first time messing with the system (we bought the house, system installed, from a C4 engineer) so be gentle...

Curt

Thanks - after removing the switch I discovered that the red wire at the bottom of the SW120277 switch wasn't connected to anything. No wire nut, no nothing.  See attachedpost-136208-0-73101000-1419119506_thumb.

According to the diagram here I'm assuming that 'out to load' on Figure 3 means it should connect to the solo black wire (wire nut on it, but no companion wire) I'm assuming continues to the eaves outlet. But at the price of those switches I'm not guessing.  Think I'll work out a way to confirm that's the actual circuit first.

Archived