C4 Forums | Control4

Problems with LEDs on Keypads

Hey guys,

I'm having some trouble programming the LEDs on some 3 and 6 button keypads. I want the keypad LED to be lit when the light is off, and the led off when the light is on. This is opposite of the default way. The problem is that when I change the "Release Color" to blue and the "Pushed Color" to black, on a button linked to a dimmer's toggle function...the color always switch back to the default way. This doesn't happen to the lights that I am using custom programming with and setting the on and off color. Also I tried unchecking keypad managed and setting the off color to blue and on color to black, but that still changes back to default after a while.

How can I get to colors to stick? Do I need to change the actual colors on the dimmer?

Thanks,

Harrison

Sorry...I should have said that the colors change back after a few days. They will usually stick for a while, then they randomly go back. And it does it on a switch by switch basis. For instance, if the button on the keypad in the kitchen (that controls the kitchen ceiling light) changes colors, every button that controls that same load will lose its color. Its as if its getting an update from the switch.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone else had the same problem as this post?

My LED's were all set on the six button keypads to blue when off, then would turn green if the corresponding light was on. Now with the update, the LED's all turn to black when the light is off. I can change it back in the programing to green, but then a day or so later, they turn back to black.

Also, with the new update, some of my 2 way switches which control lights (as a 3-way) are now very slow. Any thoughts?

Joe

Archived