C4 Forums | Control4

Swapping out blu-ray for replacement

oconnellc

So, this isn't strictly speaking a C4 question...  But, my blu-ray player just died.  It is about 5 years old and I have moved it 3 times, so I figure I got my money out of it.  My issue is that I just moved into a new house and got the C4 installation/programming completed a month or two ago.  I'd rather not have to deal with that again (although, no complaints about my installer).  I'm really only using the player for the netflix app that runs on it.  The player is a Sony BDP-S470.  My question is, how likely is it that I could just swap out the player for a new one, attach the IR repeater to the front of the player and just be good to go?  Do the IR codes change that frequently on Sony equipment, etc.?

If I am going to do something where I need to buy another device and then have to pay my dealer to come back out and reprogram another device, etc., I would probably go a different direction.  I might get another Andriod device with Kodi (XBMC) installed on it and buy Alan Chow's driver to just have XBMC, along with the ability to just install the Netflix app on it and have both from a single device.

Anyway, I don't necessarily expect anyone to know IR codes for my blu-ray player, but does anyone know of a resource that might have the information?

Thanks,

Chris

All Sony Blu-Ray players that I've EVER installed use the same codes, although the new model may have some new codes, but that really shouldn't affect your ability to control the player. I have moved both of my Sony Blu-rays to the IP driver to not have to worry about IR bugs at all anymore. Feel free to PM me and I can attempt to setup the Sony IP driver for you, I'll even do it for free!

Archived