C4 Forums | Control4

Replaced Cable router then problems

Hello, I am not vary familiar with the system as was hoping for some help. I had a system installed about two years ago and everything was fine until I had to replace my cable modem last week. Since then I was able to get everything back up (AppleTV. Sonos . av receiver) but my tivo doesn't seem to be recognized by the control4 system any more.

I configured the cable modem as a bridge and still use my original netgear router . Everything else ( internet etc ) is fine and even if I go to my garage and point my tivo remote at the rack I can operate my tivo fine (it's network test is fine). I've rebooted everything multiple times . Any ideas on what to do ? ( the composer/controller software on my PC doesn't tell me anything about IP assignments as I was thinking maybe my installer originall used a static IP for my tivo)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies. I'm convinced from your replies and some web searching that t's go to do with the controller expecting the Tivo at a fixed IP.  I've emailed my "dealer" a number roof times and he said he would try to fix it remotely. So far it's been nearly three weeks and nothing. It is SO frustrating being beholding to a dealer for what seems like a small change to an expensive system that I already paid for !!!!.  Anybody have any ideas when I might find the IP that the controller is expecting for my tivo (if i find that then I can get my router to assign the IP to the Tivo).  If there's aversion of a controller pro floating around then I would love to get my hands on in.  Thanks

Thanks for your replies. I'm convinced from your replies and some web searching that t's go to do with the controller expecting the Tivo at a fixed IP. I've emailed my "dealer" a number roof times and he said he would try to fix it remotely. So far it's been nearly three weeks and nothing. It is SO frustrating being beholding to a dealer for what seems like a small change to an expensive system that I already paid for !!!!. Anybody have any ideas when I might find the IP that the controller is expecting for my tivo (if i find that then I can get my router to assign the IP to the Tivo). If there's aversion of a controller pro floating around then I would love to get my hands on in. Thanks

Composer pro requires authentication and a dealer account to use. Check the forum there are dealers on here that will do remote work and can easily help you

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Archived