C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody and Sonos on 2.6

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

My dealer recently updated me to OS 2.6 so I could take advantage of the better Rhapsody and Sonos integration.  However, something strange has happened.  When my dealer first updated me to 2.6 the Rhapsody interface was great through the C4, however once he added the Pandora & Sirius buttons and integrated the higher level of Sonos into it, Rhapsody will only work through Sonos and not the C4 system.  He can't figure it out.  Can y'all help?  I used the dual audio out of the HC-800 frequently while listening to Rhapsody, and now I only have one out from Sonos. 

Side note:  My sonos has always had about a 5 second lag while playing, thoughts?  It does this even if I bypass C4 and use the Sonos app directly.

Thanks,

Leo

First - your delay - your Sonos will be fed to the controller, this digitizes the stream for network tranmission within the system and cause s the delay.

Second - do you have two Rhapsody options? Is Rhapsody just set to work through Sonos? Is it giving you any errors? Does it seem to play (ie screens indicate song name etc) but not hearing anything?

Nonsense.

Rhapsody (in the US) is available - as it has been. If you're outside of the US it will be called Napster - just use your existing Rhapsody Account.

Of course - technically if not in the US you wouldnt HAVE an account - regardless is you use it from C4 or Sonos. And outside of the US C4 won't support Rhapsody - they don't actively block it AFAIK.

Not sure WHAT your dealer did - you said that it worked AFTER the 2.6 update with the new interface?

My guess is your dealer has installed the Extra Veg Rhapsody driver at the same time as he found that he had to do so to get the Pandora and Sirius to work through Sonos/C4 and then possibly hidden the existing C4 Rhapsody option in the navigator (which is maybe what you had been successfully using when he first did the 2.6 update prior to Pandora etc).

I seem to recall when I first installed mine I had to enter the password in composser but now when I try to reproduce the scenario it auto collects it from the Sonos system, even when I delete the driver and add it again! It might be worth deleting the Rhapsody details in your Sonos system via the music service settings (Manage/Service Settings/Services) then adding it in again. If the driver has not logged in succesfully this may force it to.

If that does not work ask the dealer to check the status of the driver it should say something like 'Rhapsody Password confirmed' in the driver Information field

Archived