C4 Forums | Control4

Programming to have an MTS select a room location?

Brad_The_Lucky

I was thinking that I would have the MTS bottom screen button automatically select the Control 4 circle of power screen for the room in which that MTS is located. Anybody know how to program this? I had previously programmed it to fast forward songs, but I'm thinking it would be more useful to quickly get me to the home screen of the room I'm in.

My recollection is that you can only get there from the remote. I would actually also like to be able to do this, since I keep an MTS mounted on my desk with a TV nearby, but apparently the programmatic expectation is that people don't navigate a TV with an MTS, they'd use a remote instead.

--Jason

Well - I don't need it for the nearby TV per se. I was just hoping to get to the "circle of power" on the MTS itself for a specified room. Sounds easy enough? There's got to be a way to do that? Otherwise I have to navigate through a sea of rooms to get back to the default room in which the MTS is located.

There's no way to have the navigator change rooms other than to manually change it. Aren't most MTSs fixed? And even if it was portable, it would still go to the default room after being moved. Why do you need to keep using it change rooms? Lights, Video, Audio? Maybe you could play around with media scenes to get the same functionality without switching rooms? What's your setup like?

There's no way to have the navigator change rooms other than to manually change it. Aren't most MTSs fixed? And even if it was portable, it would still go to the default room after being moved. Why do you need to keep using it change rooms? Lights, Video, Audio? Maybe you could play around with media scenes to get the same functionality without switching rooms? What's your setup like?

MTS's are fixed, but there are countless things for which I switch rooms. Lights, yes, but also to open/close the garage door, set alarms, select music or media for another room, etc. etc.

One thing I'd find incredibly valuable would be to have the room-to-room changing on an MTS happen a lot faster than it currently does.

--Jason

Well, I guess ideally I would just have an MTS in every room and then it would certainly help. I find that I mainly change rooms so that I can access the different thermostats (global access to all thermostats in a list would help avoid this).

With a shortage of MTS's I have some MTS's on the border of two rooms such that I find myself switching back and forth between the rooms.

I know for sure it's on the wish list. The 1.6 release addresses this for audio zones... so I'm "guessing (!!!)" that if this is successful, we'll see that with lighting, temp control etc... etc...

As for 1.6 and audio zones - if you've been to ANY trade show in the past 9 months you've seen it (google it - I've seen screen shots all over the place) - but it's one screen that shows all the current audio zones and you can see what they're listening to, adjust the volume in them, even turn them off / on. Pretty nice actually and I hope next year (I'm guessing that's when the NEXT major release after this next release will be) - we will see these improvements as well.

Archived