C4 Forums | Control4

Can I add more sources to my HDMI Matrix Switcher?

titus

I have an Atlona AT-PRO2HD88M 8x8.  Is there an easy way to add just a couple more sources/inputs?

For instance could I get an hdmi switch from monoprice and just have the output go to one of the sources on the Atlona?  Is there a decent unit for this and a driver to have c4 handle the daisy chained approach?

Or is there a better way altogether?  Short of overspending and going up to a 16x16 (which would be way overkill).

You CAN add a multi-in to single out HDMI switch to an input on the Atlona.

It'll work system wise - though the obvious limitation is that you would have only ONE of the sources behind the single Atlona input available at a time - ie if you put an AppleTV and a Cable box behind it - you cannot watch both in two different locations.

Not great, not recommended - but it'll work.

You can look at IP solutions like JAP and videostorm netplay. Very modular. Can build to your own size with JAP. With video storm you can do unlimited outputs but input/encoder side goes in multiples of 2.

I have videostorm. Examples can be 2 inputs by 9 outputs or 4 inputs by 3 outputs etc. Like I said video storm inputs run by pairs. I think JAP has a single input option too

Archived