C4 Forums | Control4

Toggle c4 remote yellow button - light switch with 5 sec ramp & 50% power

wmerretz

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how I can program the following:

When I press the yellow button on control 4 remote.

1. Light turns on / off

2. It ramps up to 50% power over a 5 second period

I would like the button to act as a toggle. So when I press the button again it does the opposite.

Thanks

Enter programming on left side

Choose room (ex: Living)

Choose “Commands”

Select option/button to program

IF light off

Set light to 50% ramp over 5 seconds

Stop

If light on

set light to 0

Actions side has options for ramp and IF is the conditional

^Why would you go that route?  

OP, go to the properties for the light in question and set the click up/down time to 5s and the preset to 50%.   Create a boolean variable.  Program the variable for both cases to simply turn on or off the light. Next, select the room where the light is located and program the yellow button under the commands pull-down and assign the yellow button to toggle the variable.  That is the proper way to do it.  BTW, I use blue for lights off and yellow for on.  

OP, go to the properties for the light in question and set the click up/down time to 5s and the preset to 50%.   Create a boolean variable.  Program the variable for both cases to simply turn on or off the light. Next, select the room where the light is located and program the yellow button under the commands pull-down and assign the yellow button to toggle the variable.  That is the proper way to do it.  BTW, I use blue for lights off and yellow for on.  

Good call.

To answer your question, when we actually push dimmer on wall we want light to go to 100% without delay. For our situation we do this multiple times a day. When we sit down to watch TV, we push remote blue button and it toggles light to 50% on ramp, which works good for us when watching TV.

^Why would go THAT route locking your light in to a function you likely don't want by default?

^Why would go THAT route locking your light in to a function you likely don't want by default?

You and I also don't know if he has existing programming tied to light state.  If so, Denver's suggestion will never work if this is a dimmer we're talking about.

I'm not here to argue but that original programming is not robust.  You've got a 5 sec delay before the light state reaches OFF.  What if OP decides to change back to 50% before then?  Not going to happen until OFF state is cleared.

Good point - very well could happen, although, hasn't been issue over last couple years. Everyone has different situation for sure. For ours, dimmer operates well used set of can lights. It's at 100% very often (off/on frequently), my wife adjusts to 75 or so when reading in the area (via dimmer) and we use remote button when watching TV. All four of the remote buttons do something different so one can adjust things without getting up (ex: yellow button turns on theater wall sconce lights to 50% on ramp).

Just options for OP to consider to determine what works best in their situation!

I'm not here to argue but that original programming is not robust.  You've got a 5 sec delay before the light state reaches OFF.  What if OP decides to change back to 50% before then?  Not going to happen until OFF state is cleared.

Sure then:

IF lighting is LESS_THAN 50% {or whatever % seems reasonable}

-ramp to 50%

Archived