C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone familiar with muxlab and the Sony CAV-CVB1's

I have the Sony Component Matrix, but when I bought it I got some CAV-CVB1 and some 500050's.

In my master bedroom, I have a 500050 and it is working flawlessly.

In the other rooms, I am using CAV-CVB1's

I just plugged in the second 500050 into my watercloset room and it works.... but then the MASTER doesn't work at all.

The second I unplug the 500050 from the watercloset, the Master works perfectly again. I have tried 4 other 500050's and they all do the same thing.

I am assuming this is a channel thing and the 500050's are supposed to be a 1 to 1.... is there any way to change that?

If not.... does anyone want to trade 500050's for CAV-CVB1's? lol

I'm surprised they work at all. The Sony CAV and it's Balun is an ACTIVE balun - not a passive balun. In other words it uses power over the 4th pair.

I'd say you'll have to find some replacements. I can check if I have some lying around still, we've pulled out a fair number of these for HDMI upgrades over time (as we installed lots of them).

You must ONLY use the CAV-CVB1 with that switch.  You cannot use the muxlab baluns with that switch, even though they look the same they are wired different internally.   That switch gets shorted out (protect mode) where all outputs turn off if any output is plugged in incorrectly.

I'm surprised they work at all. The Sony CAV and it's Balun is an ACTIVE balun - not a passive balun. In other words it uses power over the 4th pair.

I'd say you'll have to find some replacements. I can check if I have some lying around still, we've pulled out a fair number of these for HDMI upgrades over time (as we installed lots of them).

Not to beg.... but... PLEASE!!!! :)

Especially because I am not going to have to worry about cross border shipping.

That would be unbelievably awesome if I could buy some off of you, or even trade for the 500050's (maybe pushing my luck..... )

You must ONLY use the CAV-CVB1 with that switch.  You cannot use the muxlab baluns with that switch, even though they look the same they are wired different internally.   That switch gets shorted out (protect mode) where all outputs turn off if any output is plugged in incorrectly.

Yeah I double checked. I thought I was using 1 500050 but it was a cav.....

Archived