C4 Forums | Control4

Photo Screen Saver Help

I have v 1.3.2.n and Composer HE. I'm trying to test the screen saver option that will allow me to show my own photos but I'm having a few setup issue I hope you can help with. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Created a new Screen Saver Agent in HE

2. Added 1 new test (.jpg) to the Media Library ... I can see the image just fine in the HE preview window

3. Configured the "Custom" option of the "Config" area of the 10.5" by selecting the "Photo" check box. I set the timeout period to 5 secs so I could test immediately but alas, no photo.

Am I missing something?

Also, a couple of related questions:

- Is the photo screen saver functionality only usable on the 10.5" or will it also work on the 3.5" minis?

- What file types are supported and what are the recommeded resolutions?

Thanks.

Issue resolved.

The sample photo I uploaded wasn't on my NAS (where C4 is configured to look for music). Once I copied the photos to my NAS and re-loaded into media library, screen saver functionality worked.

Also, the photos are visible on the 3.5" minis and composer seems to like all resolutions of various bitmaps and jpegs I've uploaded.

• 3 months later...

I am having the same problem and am a newbie (i.e. Composer HE). I copied into the media section and can see them, but you mentioned NAS to resolve your problem. I'm not sure what that means, can you explain.

----------------------

Steve

I have v 1.3.2.n and Composer HE. I'm trying to test the screen saver option that will allow me to show my own photos but I'm having a few setup issue I hope you can help with. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Created a new Screen Saver Agent in HE

2. Added 1 new test (.jpg) to the Media Library ... I can see the image just fine in the HE preview window

3. Configured the "Custom" option of the "Config" area of the 10.5" by selecting the "Photo" check box. I set the timeout period to 5 secs so I could test immediately but alas, no photo.

Am I missing something?

Also, a couple of related questions:

- Is the photo screen saver functionality only usable on the 10.5" or will it also work on the 3.5" minis?

- What file types are supported and what are the recommeded resolutions?

Thanks.

I am having the same problem and am a newbie (i.e. Composer HE). I copied into the media section and can see them, but you mentioned NAS to resolve your problem. I'm not sure what that means, can you explain.

----------------------

Steve

What kind of controller is running your system? Or, more specifically, are there any hard drives in your system? Ie. MC or HC500, attached USB hard drive, network attached storage drive?

Archived