C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Fire TV w/Kodi (XBMC)

BREAL

Msgreenf,

You use the hdmi driver so that you can add two binding to the hdmi input (Amazon fire and Kodi)? Where I can get that driver?

With the Kodi driver I can control and launch a movie from the navigator if the Kodi is open.

Thanks.

ETAW3.jpg

I just made one in driver editor. Took 5 min

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Update! Got it working!

here are a few "gotchas"

1) HDMI switch worked flawlessly

2) Kodi - You have to enable all the services, then force quit the Kodi app and relaunch it for the JSON API to start working

3) I have it programmed when Video source changes in room --> If Source Kodi --> Then --> Launch custom app on FireTV org.xbmc.kodi

4) Profit

Got mine working today too! I'm loving it! My programmer figured out how to get it to work with my Apple Time Capsule where all my media is stored. Kodi & Apple Time Capsule now that was challenging, but it works!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine working today too! I'm loving it! My programmer figured out how to get it to work with my Apple Time Capsule where all my media is stored. Kodi & Apple Time Capsule now that was challenging, but it works!!

Nice.  Good product for an Kodi media player + streamer.  Might be a new solution rather than those who use Roku's at the moment.

Nice. Good product for an Kodi media player + streamer. Might be a new solution rather than those who use Roku's at the moment.

Alan,

This is an amazing option for your Kodi driver and a must over Roku's. The Amazon Fire has a lot of core power! Plus you get the amazing features already built into the Fire TV, the best of both worlds! Highly recommended!!

Alan,

This is an amazing option for your Kodi driver and a must over Roku's. The Amazon Fire has a lot of core power! Plus you get the amazing features already built into the Fire TV, the best of both worlds! Highly recommended!!

We don't get access to the Fire TV here (in fact we don't get many streaming services.  Netflix is coming soon though).  Would be cool to get a review of the whole solution from a consumers perspective in terms of benefits / features.

Idk. Never tried. Do they work in regular kodi?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Sure... No problem. Re video processing - it's all about the hardware apparently. There is an issue about what audio is supported on Kodi/Andorid. Though this seems specific to the Android/Kodi setup??... not sure why.. full bluray audio seems to allegedly work fine on Kodi/Linux... 

Sure... No problem. Re video processing - it's all about the hardware apparently. There is an issue about what audio is supported on Kodi/Andorid. Though this seems specific to the Android/Kodi setup??... not sure why.. full bluray audio seems to allegedly work fine on Kodi/Linux...

Remember kodi fire is Android. Could be Android limitations

Archived