C4 Forums | Control4

Basic 6 button programming

Just received the Composer product so I haven't had much time to work with it.  I have programmed a scheduler successfully.  I am trying to modify the 6-button device.  If I go in via programming and select the device and button I was expecting to see the actions under script.  I see that if the button accesses an advanced lighting agent but I can't find a simple on and off.  I tried to select the same device on the action side and don't see anything there either.  I'm missing something simple.  Can anyone help, please?

Thanks.  Did that but still nothing in the center script area.  It only reads "When Kitchen->Kitchen by Frig Button1 button is pushed"  or similar if I highlight single tap.  But when I select button 6 single tap it reads ->activate lighting scene "Floods On" for a double tap "Floods Off"

Ok so over on the device actions side I click on the device Kitchen by Frig and under it is device variables.  On the bottom right quadrant I select button 1 but nothing load directly.  I select press or single click and that loads the center programming area with click the button 1 button on the Kitchen->kitchen by frig but nothing more.  I'm still missing where the action that is already defined resides.  Thanks

Think what msgreenf is saying is button was likely bound originally. No big deal, add programming from actions side that you can obviously see (like turn on another C4 controlled light) and you'll see it will actually execute the programming. It will give you a feel for what happens and you can add other items and play with functionality.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to revive the thread...

i think i have the same problem, cannot see anything on the button programming tabs when i select them.

Do i understand it correctly that regardless of the fact that they might have been bound originally by my dealers, I can still change functionalities layering a new programming on top of it? Does it create any problem or potential conflict?

You can certainly add programming overtop, but it will continue to trigger the bound 'device'.

Note that if the button is triggering a lighting scene - you COULD simply delete that particular scene, thereby removing the connection. Do understand of course that if that scene is bound in other places, or used in programming elsewhere, you'll be removing it there as well - use responsibly and at your own risk!

You can certainly add programming overtop, but it will continue to trigger the bound 'device'.

Note that if the button is triggering a lighting scene - you COULD simply delete that particular scene, thereby removing the connection. Do understand of course that if that scene is bound in other places, or used in programming elsewhere, you'll be removing it there as well - use responsibly and at your own risk!

Thanks for your response. So to bring a precise example, one of the buttons i want to change at the moment has as only effect that of triggering the lighting 'holiday mode' with a single tap. What I would like to do is 1) single tap switches off all lights and AV; 2) double tap triggers 'holiday mode'; triple tap disables 'holiday mode'

Does this make sense?

Archived