C4 Forums | Control4

Extra Veg Ping Driver Problems

Hi everyone.  So I have this driver installed twice in my system, one for my phone one for my wifes phone.

I set up DHCP reservations on my router for each of our phones.

I am trying to set these 2 drivers up to detect when our phone are on the local network and there for 'at home' as far as C4 is concerned.

I put the new static IP into the correct spot in the configuration, but the C4 system isn't successfully finding (pinging) either of our phones.

I can confirm 100% that our phones are on the network and pingable from other devices on the network, but for some reason, this driver/C4 cannot find it.

Any ideas, help, suggestions?

thanks!

The Extra Vegetables Ping driver does not perform a real ping.  It sees a device is on the network by checking to see if there is an open port on the device.

Our FREE ping driver does perform a real ping and should work for your usecase.  Note as a free driver it comes as is and without support.

http://www.chowmain.co.nz/ping

Hi everyone. So I have this driver installed twice in my system, one for my phone one for my wifes phone.

I set up DHCP reservations on my router for each of our phones.

I am trying to set these 2 drivers up to detect when our phone are on the local network and there for 'at home' as far as C4 is concerned.

I put the new static IP into the correct spot in the configuration, but the C4 system isn't successfully finding (pinging) either of our phones.

I can confirm 100% that our phones are on the network and pingable from other devices on the network, but for some reason, this driver/C4 cannot find it.

Any ideas, help, suggestions?

thanks!

That's a great idea.

alanchow, on 01 Apr 2015 - 12:17 AM, said:

The Extra Vegetables Ping driver does not perform a real ping.  It sees a device is on the network by checking to see if there is an open port on the device.

Our FREE ping driver does perform a real ping and should work for your usecase.  Note as a free driver it comes as is and without support.

http://www.chowmain.co.nz/ping

Alan, I took your advice.  I removed extra veg and put in your driver.  It gave me no documentation though, so I don't know what do to with it as I see no options or programming description.  Is there a basic set of instructions somewhere?

Alan, I took your advice. I removed extra veg and put in your driver. It gave me no documentation though, so I don't know what do to with it as I see no options or programming description. Is there a basic set of instructions somewhere?

The driver comes with only basic built document in the driver no detailed PDFS documentation. As a free driver it comes as is and without support. Pretty intuitive though. You ping a device. It fires an event based upon the success rate. Use at your own risk.

Archived