C4 Forums | Control4

Can it even be done? SONOS to Controller out?

badjesus

If I have the output for my Satelite going into my SONOS CONNECT, is there any way to tap into that source in another room's HC250 audio output to play the sound on the TV? (important: without running other lines or splitting the satelite audio signal)

I understand that can't be done right now, but is this just a limitation to development or is this not possible with Sonos' API at all?

Sonos line in is local only.

You mean local to the sonos network? 

I can stream the SONOS line in to any other SONOS unit, would just be cool if their API allowed for the digital signal to also go to the navigator (in this instance, an HC250)

That would be a bad ass feature :) 

I know it isn't possible right now, but mostly curious on if this is even possible or of the decoding of the signal is hardware reliant on another SONOS unit. 

Mhh sorry that was rather unclear wasn't it.

Sonos line in is locked to their own en/decoding - I sincerely doubt it is even remotely the same as C4's.

That said you COULD feed a Sonos to any controller and stream that way - not that I recommend it, plus there's a lot of potential loops etc to take into account.

Mhh sorry that was rather unclear wasn't it.

Sonos line in is locked to their own en/decoding - I sincerely doubt it is even remotely the same as C4's.

That said you COULD feed a Sonos to any controller and stream that way - not that I recommend it, plus there's a lot of potential loops etc to take into account.

Yeah, that is what I was afraid of. Would be badass if you could somehow add the decoding ability to C4. That would be unbelievably valuable. Basically every controller would be a connect!! 

Bah well... simple dreaming. 

As always, thanks again!

Archived