C4 Forums | Control4

Favorite channels with enter needed

Hi,

Comcast's new x1 platform requires an enter command after channel numbers are entered.  The channel cloud only enters the numbers, and I can't figure out how to edit this.  Anybody have a solution?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry for stepping into an existing post, but I have a similar issue and have been trying to solve it for quite some time.

I am having issues in defining the Set Channel macro. Currently the macro will only send zeros to the cable box. I am unsure as to how to define the channel.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Hello,

Sorry for stepping into an existing post, but I have a similar issue and have been trying to solve it for quite some time.

I am having issues in defining the Set Channel macro. Currently the macro will only send zeros to the cable box. I am unsure as to how to define the channel.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

You define the channels as a media list in the media tab.

You define the channels as a media list in the media tab.

Well thank you very much. I have looked at the media section (tab) many times and have been unable to use it, as I get an error saying I need to register my controller. However, my controller is registered. I will give it a go again though with this direction. I really appreciate your reply. I have been reading this forum for almost a year and finding the answers I needed without having to ask a question. I very much appreciate you taking the time to send me in the right direction.

How is my beloved state of Kentucky? You don't get a name like Rufus anywhere eles! ;-)

Thanks again!

Probably because it ISN'T registered - even if you see your controller in your home page, the controller may not be aware of being registered - something that occurs when you load back-ups for example. This can get confusing as sometimes apps or even remote access keeps working in such scenarios.

Alternatively, if you are on an older system version you may not have the SSL update patch installed preventing the controller from reaching online databases.

Probably because it ISN'T registered - even if you see your controller in your home page, the controller may not be aware of being registered - something that occurs when you load back-ups for example. This can get confusing as sometimes apps or even remote access keeps working in such scenarios.

Alternatively, if you are on an older system version you may not have the SSL update patch installed preventing the controller from reaching online databases.

This probably the issue. I bought a house that when I looked at it the previous owner was on and on about the system and how I could use it. Then when I took over the house. Half of the c4 components were missing and when I contacted him he said he had no idea how the system worked. I live in the boonies and after 3 attempts with 3 different dealers that were no shoes on the appointment date I decided that being and Engineer and a serious DYI er that I would make the system work myself. Using this forum and a lot of time I. Ow have a fairly robust and stable system. The only issue being that of Favorites that I cannot get to work. We prefer the remote as opposed to the on screen Nav so it has been a challenge. I really appreciate the feedback and hope that my sharing my status as an end user does not put me into. Bad light. I understand how c4 works and tried to go the normal route but had to take matters into my own hands.

I see 250's for sale that come with licenses but I fear that by upgrading I will loose my ability to program as I have a 1.8.2 system and the same version of Composer Pro. The old owner of the house and his installer buddy who provided CP Jane no idea what his origiginal account login info is, so using that to re-register the hc300 is a no go.

Thanks again for your time and advice. It is appreciated.

If on 1.8.2, you'd need the SSL update as it was changed after that system version. Note that the update patch is MEANT for lo9lder system versions that intend to stay there - it does not update the actual system software.

Archived