C4 Forums | Control4

slide show and control4

I just got back from a trip to Turkey, egypt and greece. My son has taken over 1500 pictures. What is the easiest way to display these as a slide show and send tovarious TV inthe home. Does Media plaver HT 500 do pictures? Or do I use another server to store the pictures and control with control4. I am a bit confused about the various options. Please help

C4 really isnt a good platform for viewing photos on a regular basis (it probably could be if the developers wanted, but that's another post). Think of it as a fancy digital picture frame like the one you bought your mother for xmas. Yes, you can get the photos on, but it only plays as a screen saver. Also, you have to upload the photos one at a time which would be a pain in your case.

In Media Edition, click on Screen saver on the left under STORED, then click on ADD on the top right, then locate the picture files you want to add to the screensaver. Composer will then add and convert the pictures to the proper format for your displays. Make sure you enable Screensaver on your navigators, Info/Config/Screensaver/Custom, then you're done.

Do you have a Tivo? Tivo has some excellent built-in slideshow capabilities.

Another option would be to burn a DVD. There are many programs out there that can burn still images to a DVD (or CD) that you could then put in a DVD player and play. This has the advantage of allowing you to pause, cycle through, skip, etc.

I realize neither of these are Control4 solutions per se, but as has been pointed out above C4 (for all its strengths) may not be the best way to address this need.

Would you like any more information on either of the above options?

--Jason

Totally agree on the Tivo option. I do all the living room family photo viewings through the Tivo. It also has very nice video file playback and streaming capability, can pull in audio and video podcasts, and of course plays MP3 music on its own (though C4 obviously is better for this). I love my Tivo even more than my C4!

• 1 year later...
In Media Edition, click on Screen saver on the left under STORED, then click on ADD on the top right, then locate the picture files you want to add to the screensaver. Composer will then add and convert the pictures to the proper format for your displays. Make sure you enable Screensaver on your navigators, Info/Config/Screensaver/Custom, then you're done.

Paul what version of Media Composer has this option? I have 1.6.0.488 and it does not have screensaver listed.

Archived