C4 Forums | Control4

Unwanted Zone Turning On With Announcements

I have an HC1000 and three HC300s. Two 300s are connected to an C416AMP3B and one is connected to a Denon 4520ci. Zone 3 from the Denon is connected to the C416AMP3B. On the Denon Zone 1 is my theatre and Zone 2 is the yard. Zone 3 is to get audio from the receiver to the rest of the house. I have motion detectors throughout my property and when the contact sensor is broken an announcement is played in selected zones. All selected zones are directly connected to the C416AMP3B. The problem is after the announcement is made Zone 3 on the receiver turns on. If I'm away from home or it's late/early the receiver is left on (wasted energy). If Zone 1 or 2 is in use there is a dropout of audio/video (very annoying) in the zone while Zone 3 is turning on. Why is this happening? I would think it's because it's using the HC300 connected to the Denon and passing the announcement though Zone 3 to the C416AMP3B but Zone 3 doesn't turn on until after the announcement. I need a HC300 connected to the Denon for Rhapsody and Zone 3 needs to be connected to the C416AMP3 for Pandora and other audio sources. Whats causing this issue? How can I fix it?

If zone 3 is turning on during the announcement process, there's some audio pathing that is trying to go through the zone 3. This is not something that can be modified.

The best way to resolve this is to break the audio path from the HC300 > Receiver (zone 3) > amplifier.

Can you add another instance of the Denon driver? (is it IR controlled?) If so, have one instance be the end points for zones 1 and 2. Add a second driver, double bind the IR, and have its Zone 3 connection feed the amplifier.

C4 Guru 1. All announcements are defined. C4 Guru 2. I like your idea of adding a second driver for the Denon but its controlled by an ip address, so I don't think its possible. So far it looks like my only option is to remove the 300 from the Denon and use airplay for Rhapsody. Thanks for the reply.

Archived