C4 Forums | Control4

HC-1000 vs. HC-1000-B

I have a 1.8.2 system that I do not plan on updating and am looking for a 1000 to add to and speed up my current 300 based system. My question is, am I better off picking up a VI unit with an older firmware, or would I be OK with a VII or VIII controller? The firmware is currently all over the place, with respect to what is installed on each component in my system.

With my present situation, regarding my controller showing as not being registered, due to an SSL error that Cyknight helped me to better understand, the 300 does not automatically update the other components. I plan to pick up a VI unit, but thought I might toss the idea around here forst, to see what you guys had to say, if anything.

Thanks for your insights!

Whatever you do, the SSL error will remain - though it's still only a patch away from fixing. This is a software related issue, not hardware. Indeed restore a controller with the patch installed and the patch would need to be redone.

In essence all three HC1000 models are rated equally, and all 3 models work on 1.8.2 It's more a matter of reliability. I'm unsure off the top of my hat which version suffered from what issue as such, though arguably the V1 was the most solid overall. But by know it's rather old, so it all depends on how long it's actually been running. Just be sure to go over every possible patch available just in case.

As these units never ran the ZigBee radio to begin with - restoring them to 1.8.2 isn't an issue as such.

Understood regarding the SSL issue. I have tried another "local" dealer, but he is too far away to be interested to come update my system. Not sure what you mean by "...go over every possible patch available..." can you offer a little more info on that topic please?

Thanks.

There's been some DOM patches for HC1000's, and I think an additional one as well, possibly for a different version, not sure on the details. Any dealer, including the remote ones on here are able to get and run all these patches - the DOM one especially if not ran will eventually kill the controller if it has the issue.

Archived