C4 Forums | Control4

Wyrestorm 8x8 HDMI IR control MX-0808-PP

I have this product for my video matrix

http://www.wyrestorm.com/catalog/MX-0808-PP

I have tried about 5 different what I call IR cables that go from the IR out of the HC-800 to the input of the Wyrestorm unit. Long story short the IR never makes it to the Balun to turn on the TV, I have to use a emitter out of the hc800, tape it to a IR reciever of the Wyrestorm. Huge nest of wires and taping of the emitter to a reciever.

Tried all these Mono headphone cables to go directly from HC800-> IR IN of my Wyrestorm.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

I integrated one of three and was unable to get the IR to work as well. Fortunately for me it was a retro fit where there was already IR spliced and ran. I tried to replace those with IR across the balun but when I couldn't get it working after a while I just said "screw it" and left the old IR runs in place. And you're right - it's a messy hodgepodge of electrical tape and tiny gauge wire, but it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wyrestorm uses a different voltage then typical IR. You have to just do what you've done. Attach the IR emitter from control to the Wyrestorm IR receiver wire into the matrix. Then you just have to use Wyrestorms IR emitter from the balun to the TV. Kind of a crappy solution but it works. Don't really think there's any way around it. One is 12v and one is 5v from my understanding. They apparently have their own way of doing things in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived