C4 Forums | Control4

XM through DirectTV

I have a question regarding my setup at home, and whether I can adjust it using HE, or if I need my dealer.

My system is set up such that if I select "music" I can either source it from my MP3 collection on the controller, a tuner, or through one of my DirectTV boxes. If I select the DirectTV box, all is well and I pipe whatever channel the box is set to through whatever zones are active. My question involves picking the channels. What I can do now is first go and using the box as a TV, pick an XM station, then go to music and pick it again. Then whatever channel we're on gets piped. I was hoping there was some way to set up the channels, like the sat box was an actual tuner, so once I picked music I could pick the station to listen to.

Not sure if this is clear, so I apologize. Basically, once I pick "directv" from the list of music sources, I'd like to then be able to pick the station to listen to, either via the remote display, or the on-screen navigator.

Any help is appreciated.

In Composer, you would need to do the following:

go to your media tab

select DirecTV under broadcast

Scroll through the channel listing until you get to XM channels ( 801-879)

Click on each channel and select the edit button.

Check Audio Only.

Now these channels will show up under radio tab on the navigator and you will be able to select the stations.

I hope this addresses your question.

bjeff

http://www.thesohoshop.com

Along those lines...what if I have more than one (I have 4) DirecTV receivers/DVRs. When I choose one of the DirecTV stations, that I have set up following the above instructions... it changes the channel to the correct DirecTV XM channel but how do I tell C4 which of the 4 receivers is the "one" that I am controlling? I have a specific 'one" of the 4 that I want to be controlled. How can I select this particular receiver? Anyone know?

It grabs the first one numerically assigned that is unavailable. So - some of the back end programming, which you don't normally see, is that each DTV receiver was assigned a serial number. For example, 1, 2, 3, 4 - even if you move them around from room to room - it still sees device 1 as DTV etc...

So if you're currently watching DTV #1, and in another room, someone calls for music... it'll skip #1 and go to #2 and use that for music etc..

What we've done, when we want to be 100% positive which receiver we get, is to hit an "ON" button macro - which turns on that receiver for the room - then anything they select for channels automatically goes to that receiver.

What we've done, when we want to be 100% positive which receiver we get, is to hit an "ON" button macro - which turns on that receiver for the room - then anything they select for channels automatically goes to that receiver.

Could you explain this in a little more detail. Do you mean that you turn on the DTV receiver whenever that room is selected whether you are going to use the radio feature or not? If not, how and when is the "ON" macro sent/done.

Thanks

Archived