C4 Forums | Control4

tN4 Tekmar Gateway 482

Has anyone integrated this gateway recently? We are installing a new radiant heat system for infloor (multiple zones) and outdoor (driveway/patio) and our HVAC contractor uses Tekmar thermostats. Can the new C4 thermostats handle this type of application? Thoughts? (The boilers are NTI Trinity). Thanks!!!

Done a few. No you don't want to replace the 'local' thermostats unless you want to put sensors in like we do and put the lot of them in the furnace room, out of sight out eyesore :).

There's a perfectly good driver out for that exact tekmar for ages by Cinergration, used to be sold via EV now:

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/tekmar-hvac-driver

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I purchased the Tekmar 482 Gateway and asked my dealer to install it and the houselogix driver mentioned above.  The dealer came back with a quote and a big caveat.  They only want to enable the gateway for monitoring the temps in my in-floor radiant rooms and disable the ability to control the temps.  I think they are trying to limit liability for any errors in in-floor heating control that would damage the wood floors.  Anyone else run across anything like this?  I may need to have someone install the driver and setup remotely.  Cheers!  Paul

• 2 months later...

Archived