C4 Forums | Control4

HC300 Driver for Scientific Atlanta 8300 HDC

My Scientific Atlanta 8300 HDC cable box does not turn off when the off button of the remote control is pressed. My dealer tells me that the problem is with the HC300 driver for that box.

Is there a manner in which I can make it turn off (other than by using the remote control provided by the CATV company)?

TIA.

Nick

I believe if the CATV remote works your dealer should be able to use the IR receiver on your HC300 and "learn" the correct remote code to turn it off. He could then replace whatever code is in the driver with the correct code.

Others are surely more familiar with this, but as long as you have *something* that can turn it off you should be able to get the C4 remote to do it.

The cable remote does not have discrete IR on and off. However, in the 8300HD setup menus you can change the power on to number. Your dealer would have to change the C4 driver to power on macros.

Power on Macro = Number 0

Power off Macro = Number 0, delay 5 sec, Power

See Slemay's 8300HD driver that was created in File section of this site and forward it to your dealer.

While lippavisual is correct - it's important to realize that, at the very least, you should have some way to verify the "ON" state of the device. Most cable companies, when they push out a software update to your DVR, typically end the update with a reboot and shutoff command. Meaning the box will be "in standby" and unusable until you turn it back on.

Archived