C4 Forums | Control4

Best Security System for Integration with C4

fitzgibbon

Hello

I am looking for feedback from dealers on security panels for integration with C4. We do not install security so I am looking for feedback to pass on to my security partner. Below is what I am looking for.

Abilty to ARM and DISARM, Bypass

2 way zone status (Zone open or close)

Multiply Partitions

Quick 2 way response

What panels does C4 have 2 way drivers for and what has been the best panel for integration from your experience. I am not to worried about price at this time.

Thanks

Jim

Control4 has drivers already written for several systems. The one I hear them recommend the most is the Concord from GE. You need to purchase the Superbus 2000 Automation Module to connect it to an RS232 port on your Control4 controller.

I have the GE Concord panel near the controller w the attached keypad-so DB9 cable from suberbus automation module to MC. I use all wireless contacts/sensors and use the MTS screens and 6BKP's for arm disarm, etc.

I bought a Global Cache 100-06 (http://www.globalcache.com/products/gc-index.html) since my main controller doesn't have any spare RS232 ports and the other controllers were behind TVs and I didn't want to run more wires. This turns an IP address into a RS232 port that connects with Control4. Works great.

I installed the Concord panel next to a 16-port switch and used wireless sensors and contacts as well.

Has any dealers used the Vista 128FBP or 250FBP panels with the serial module interface 4100SM. I know this is a commercial fire / burg panel and many of you may think it is overkill. This is the panel we have requested my security partner use when we are doing automation with another brand.

So to keep things the same and easy for them it would be good to use the same panel. So has anyone here integrated it into thier control 4 system and does the driver support, ARM, DISARM, BYPASS, Zone status and feedback, as well multiple partitions?

Any feedback would be great.

Archived