C4 Forums | Control4

Blue Iris Driver Update

Audio Obsessions

Hello All,  I have recently updated my Blue Iris Drivers, these are the Drivers that I sale through the Houselogix Market Place.  I am posting this here to make people aware, as I have not posted the new drivers to the auto update repository as of yet, for a couple of reasons, mainly I don't want to update someones project if their current driver is working properly, this would be the case if they are on older Blue Iris firmware.  Here are the reasons for the update:

1) Allow for selection of H264 stream, with new default of stream 0.  This method may change soon, as Blue Iris Developer is working on implementing a more native H264 stream.  The reason this needed updating is that recent Blue Iris updates have caused the stream to become incompatible with all versions of control4 g-streamers, so the video it pulls on iOS for example is a static image with no movement.  The new default however works well on all tested interfaces (android, ios, t3), yet doesn't work with "windows" composer g-streamer.

2) A corrected timing issue, as well as new optimizing parameters where added to the profile change actions, this will solve the problem that was causeing systems to go to the inactive state.

3) I added ability to enable and disable the active schedule, as well as to call for a particular schedule to become the active schedule.  This is confusing if you haven digested profiles and schedules in Blue Iris, but if you do, you will find them very powerful.  Basically you will likely want your cameras to record differently when you are home vs when you are away...

I am also beta testing a method of providing motion events from blue iris to the driver, as well as having an active conversation with the developer of blue iris.  I say this, because I do intend on releasing more driver updates in the next month, that will enhance our experience and need for connecting this advanced NVR, that makes every IP-Camera Control4 compatible...

To update the driver follow this link:

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/download/sample/186

Unzip and add the appropriate driver to the project. Afterwhich you need to cycle director.  It is good form to backup the project before and after changeing it.

Please report any issues to me directly at:

sales@audioobsessions.com

Also if there are any feature request, for the next update, I am all ears, so let me know.

Thanks,

Adam

13 hours ago, Audio Obsessions said:

3) I added ability to enable and disable the active schedule, as well as to call for a particular schedule to become the active schedule.  This is confusing if you haven digested profiles and schedules in Blue Iris, but if you do, you will find them very powerful.  Basically you will likely want your cameras to record differently when you are home vs when you are away...

Do you have any more information on this update?  I am not sure what you mean by ability to switch profiles.  I have a profile for all states of my alarm, disarm, home, away and alarm going off.  C4 has the programming to say "if alarm state is XYZ but Blue Iris into profile 1", etc.  So what is different with what you mention above?  any real world examples to illustrate how its different?

I am on vaca this weekend with the wife... Short answer you can know use the driver to call for both profile and schedule. Since you are using the security panel to change profile, you likely don't need schedules. Others will set up home and away schedules, and have the profiles change within that schedule as they see fit. I will try to give better examples when I am back next week. Biggest change in the driver is the h264 streaming option as the old one wasn't working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy your vacation.  For 2 of the 3 updates that I understand, those features now work!  the streams are live on my navigators (tested on iOS) and the profiles seem to be changing with alarm state (Tried 2 of the 4, will test the rest tomorrow but do not see why they would not work either)

Thanks again for the prompt reply and fix!

• 4 months later...

Adam I will be grabbing the blur iris driver off the website soon but wanted recommendations on current door bell cameras that have been successfully control4 integrated with ability to grab motion and button presses. Thanks ahead 

Archived