C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Homeworks RS232

ShawnBishop

Question

I have a customer with an original Homeworks system.  His processors are HW-SP-SBI model number.  Can't find a lot of info on these.  Just trying to find RS-232 codes and what the command line look like for each line.  I am trying to activate scenes for now.  IE.  Scene 1 does this, scene 2 does this, and so on.  I have never built an Rs232 code from scratch before.  Can anyone help? 

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, ShawnBishop said:

I have a customer with an original Homeworks system.  His processors are HW-SP-SBI model number.  Can't find a lot of info on these.  Just trying to find RS-232 codes and what the command line look like for each line.  I am trying to activate scenes for now.  IE.  Scene 1 does this, scene 2 does this, and so on.  I have never built an Rs232 code from scratch before.  Can anyone help? 

Your best bet at this point is to contact Lutron themselves and ask for documentation. If you are hoping to create a new driver for it, not only are you going to have to learn about creating the RS-232 driver, but you will have to use something like driverediter to create it since composer doesn't allow you to create non-A/V drivers.

I'm honestly surprised the homeowner hasn't had to replace any components yet causing them to upgrade. At this point, it's probably cheaper to upgrade his processor than to commission someone to create a driver.

Archived