C4 Forums | Control4

Upgrade to 1.6 & Music Sync issues

Linksys 4400n is recommended. Are all of your Control4 devices on static IPs outside of the DHCP range? Do you have any other devices on the network such as security camera dvr or printer? These types of devices should be set to static IP as well. I had a camera dvr and C4 media controller duke it out over IP addresses. Once I seperated the naughty kids the house was at peace once again. It really does sound like a network issue.

Good Luck

We ran into this problem using 3 HC300 running 1.6.512. The media is stored on a USB flash drive connected to the master controller.

We might try running a gig switch to see if that clears up the issue, if not we will have to go from there.

You'll need the HC300 for Rhapsody for sure.

for sure' date=' but I was more interested in the new multi zone audio setup since Media Scenes was a joke in 1.3.2 and it was hit or miss for me whether zones were going to join or not.[/quote']

Yeah my boss is running 1.3.234 in his project and scenes was cool until I saw the zones in 1.6.512 :) So I'm waiting for 1.7 to come out before I get our dealer to upgrade us.

1.6 and above *do* run better with an HC-family controller, as it has a faster base controller and an integrated DSP that is above and beyond the base controller itself, offloading the MP3 decoding, etc.

I would personally recommend that if you're upgrading your system to 1.6 and above that you should upgrade your controller.

Will it work with an HTC or MC? Yes. Will it work better with an HC? Definitely.

RyanE

This is interesting... I was updated in August with version 1.3.2.438. So the next version is this 1.6 that requires the updated HC vs the HTC and MC? What are the improvements of the 1.6... is it just this Rhapsody stuff?

Scott

The main improvement from an end-user perspective is Rhapsody.

From a dealer perspective, 1.6 also introduces:

Timer Agent - The ability to create timers within the system for things like double-tap, light timers, etc.

Announcement Agent - The ability to make system-wide announcements on both navigators and also audio announcements.

DriverWorks driver support - The ability to create two-way serial or IP drivers for many devices. The upgrade includes some good sample drivers, including the WeatherBug driver, which will display weather forecasts, current conditions, and weather alerts on graphical Navigator devices, as well as a driver for a 2-line CallerID box.

RyanE

Edited to Add: Also, support for a bunch of new Control4 devices, such as the SR-250 remote, etc. is also included in 1.6, and more will be included in 1.7.

Archived