C4 Forums | Control4

rhapsody

That happened to me as well..........I think i read that you have to register your MC for it to work right. I think its on C4 site.

I cant test it...........I am ordering my HC-500 next week!! I do know you HAVE to have a HC-300 or better to get it to work.

Scott

So here's a question . . . I have a Media Controller AND an HC300 on my system, but the Media Controller is the master controller (it's running Director) while the HC300 runs Navigator (for the HD Gui) and Zigbee.

Does that mean I can't use Rhapsody because I don't have Director running on my HC300? I tried registering my HC300 on my.control4.com but I already have my MC registered and it appears that you can only register one device (when I go to the register link it only gives me the option of "de-registering".

From what I've been told on these boards, the current division of labor b/w MC and HC300 is a good one for my system, so I would not move Director to the HC300 just to get Rhapsody, but I would like to know if a non-primary HC300 can still meet the requirements of Rhapsody usage.

--Jason

So here's a question . . . I have a Media Controller AND an HC300 on my system, but the Media Controller is the master controller (it's running Director) while the HC300 runs Navigator (for the HD Gui) and Zigbee.

Does that mean I can't use Rhapsody because I don't have Director running on my HC300? I tried registering my HC300 on my.control4.com but I already have my MC registered and it appears that you can only register one device (when I go to the register link it only gives me the option of "de-registering".

From what I've been told on these boards, the current division of labor b/w MC and HC300 is a good one for my system, so I would not move Director to the HC300 just to get Rhapsody, but I would like to know if a non-primary HC300 can still meet the requirements of Rhapsody usage.

--Jason

I was told by my dealer that I could have an HC300 and my MC to get Rhapsody BUT it would not work well beacause and HC300 does not have a hard drive. Therefore Rhapsody would tax the HC300 internal memory stick.

I am ordering a HC500 next week..........BUT as I said above, you can do what you want......I think the director needs to be on the HC300 to get Rhapsody to work. Just change your HC300 to be director and the MC to be the navigator. Then register the HC300...........THEN it should work

Shawn?

"I was told by my dealer that I could have an HC300 and my MC to get Rhapsody BUT it would not work well beacause and HC300 does not have a hard drive. Therefore Rhapsody would tax the HC300 internal memory stick."

I have HC300 running my whole project and rhapsody works fine. I believe rhapsody is only streaming the music, not storing in on a hdd.

there is no memory stick needed just have your dealer change the master control to the hc-300 it is very easy to do this have him run the zigbee server off of the media controller so when you are using rhapsody there is no delays in the zigbee

Archived