C4 Forums | Control4

1.6 upgrade - No screen

I am an end user. Just updated to 1.6. Everything seems fine and works well except on my main TV I cannot get any themed screen up - just a blank off white screen. The hand held controllers all seem to work fine so does the 15 inch touch screen (including the standard blue theme) - it's just the main TV. (It's driving my wife mad because for some reason she doesn't get how to do it via the handheld controller without the prompts from the themed screen).

I tried powering off and on everything but it doesn't make any difference. I know there is a signal to the TV because on Re-Boot I see the Control 4 logo and startup screen just nothing after that. I can't talk to my dealer because today is a public holiday. Any ideas?

I am an end user. Just updated to 1.6. Everything seems fine and works well except on my main TV I cannot get any themed screen up - just a blank off white screen. The hand held controllers all seem to work fine so does the 15 inch touch screen (including the standard blue theme) - it's just the main TV. (It's driving my wife mad because for some reason she doesn't get how to do it via the handheld controller without the prompts from the themed screen).

I tried powering off and on everything but it doesn't make any difference. I know there is a signal to the TV because on Re-Boot I see the Control 4 logo and startup screen just nothing after that. I can't talk to my dealer because today is a public holiday. Any ideas?

Did you reboot your network?...........turn off everything........then plugin your modem then router....then switch .....then turn on each C4 one at a time.....wait 30 sec then turn on another C4 piece.

I had this same problem and rebooted my network and all seemed to work fine.

I seriously doubt a "network" issue is going to not make the gui show up...He said he could see the 4 logo upon rebooting it, even without a network you can still see the menu, although it may not be populated....I would suggest your dealer use the usb restore tool...Hold on, my car won't start...It's probably a network issue...SUCCESS!! I jiggled the cat5 wire and it started up!! who knew!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived