C4 Forums | Control4

Director off on controller

It appears that director is not operating on my controller (HC-500).  I can connect to the controller through ComposerHE, but my touchscreen can't connect and neither can my SR-250s.  

Is there any way to I can re-start it?  If I can't do it, is this something a dealer can do remotely?

If you can connect to the controller with HE, Director must be running.

It sounds like your project is not loading (i.e. may be corrupted, or some other issue).

If there's no project running on the Director, you can't remotely connect, so your dealer may not be able to connect remotely, but they can try.

Hopefully they have a backup of your project handy, or they may be able to pull a backup project off the controller, depending on the circumstances.

RyanE

Yeah, if you can see your devices, the project is at least loading your drivers.

If you have project corruption, you could have drivers but not bindings, so you wouldn't have ZigBee devices, etc.

Hard to debug over forums.  Sorry You're having issues.

RyanE

did you ever get a solution for this? I keep having the director service disable itself. The dealer keeps having to come out as the only way to reset the service is with their software. Both the dealer and control4 say there is nothing wrong with the unit and have no idea what is wrong. Is there anyway to get it back online without the software? This is so frustrating. anything here to help at all!

did you ever get a solution for this? I keep having the director service disable itself. The dealer keeps having to come out as the only way to reset the service is with their software. Both the dealer and control4 say there is nothing wrong with the unit and have no idea what is wrong. Is there anyway to get it back online without the software? This is so frustrating. anything here to help at all!

Are you updated? I would recommend removing drivers and seeing if a 3rd party driver is causing it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have someone trying to trouble-shoot it.  At this point, because I can see my devices in ComposerHE, it appears that director may be running and my program may be corrupted.  Or, my HC-500 may have just crapped out.  

System Manager should show the status of director. If you can see a controller in Composer HE, that means that director is running because it has responded to the SSDP multi-cast group. If you have access to the Network Tools window, it might be valuable to see what might not be running in there.

Archived