C4 Forums | Control4

Shairbridge automatically picked for room audio?

Can anyone help me with this?  Basically, whenever someone picks a certain Shairbridge instance on Airplay, I want it C4 to automatically pick that source as the audio source for the room and begin playing.

I am doing this because I have a Shairbridge instance called 'Back Yard'  I want my guests to be able to just go on the porch, pick music on their phone, send it to the Back Yard airplay, and the music immediately start on the porch.

TIA

Yes that is how shairbridge works on control4.  eg I am using 2 outputs from my EA5 into a 8 zone amp.  I have multiple shairbridge drivers for each room, one for all indoor and one for all outdoor.

Alan,  How do I set it to auto play or select tho?

It seems like I can pick the airplay option on my phone, but it doesn't automatically select it as the room audio source..  I then have to go into my C4 app and pick the Back Yard as the current audio source.

On May 9, 2016 at 5:29 PM, alanchow said:

That is something your dealer needs to program

Can this be done with home edition of composer?

This is exactly what I want. So if I understand your setup, you can Airplay to "Indoor", "Outdoor" and it plays all those zones, right? Or you can Airplay "Living Room" and only play to that zone... am I understanding this correctly?

Thank you.

32 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Can this be done with home edition of composer?

This is exactly what I want. So if I understand your setup, you can Airplay to "Indoor", "Outdoor" and it plays all those zones, right? Or you can Airplay "Living Room" and only play to that zone... am I understanding this correctly?

Thank you.

No that is something your dealer needs to program.

and yes your understanding of is correct.

Archived