C4 Forums | Control4

Will Kodi driver allow me to add a song to playlist as next to play?

elee532

Does the Kodi Lite or Full driver allow a song to be added to play next? That is, if I already have a list of songs playing, is it possible to add song X as the next song to play... then, once Song X is played, the playlist resumes to where it was?

Basically, I'd like to have 3 options when I choose to play a song... play now, add to end of current playlist, play next after the current playing song. Jriver offers this. I haven't been able to figure out whether Kodi does.

Thanks!

Thanks alanchow. I was afraid that was the case. A missing feature in Kodi that I'm really surprised by. I'll continue hoping they add it someday.

On a somewhat related note, does your driver allow the current playlist to be edited... remove a song or re-order songs?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, elee532 said:

Thanks alanchow. I was afraid that was the case. A missing feature in Kodi that I'm really surprised by. I'll continue hoping they add it someday.

On a somewhat related note, does your driver allow the current playlist to be edited... remove a song or re-order songs?

Thanks!

The only playlist functionality we have at the moment is clear.

Thanks for letting me know. Any chance this might change in the future?

Or is there some other way from either the 260 remote or the iPad app to send these keystrokes?

• U - Move selected up
  • D - Move selected down
  • DEL - Remove from playlist.

1 hour ago, elee532 said:

Thanks for letting me know. Any chance this might change in the future?

Or is there some other way from either the 260 remote or the iPad app to send these keystrokes?

• U - Move selected up
  • D - Move selected down
  • DEL - Remove from playlist.

Currently no.  We are looking at doing a major update when Control4 provides access to cover view for the media service proxy to 3rd party developers so i'll add it to the wish list for then.

For now you can map the context menu to a button.  Using that you can achieve similar functionaily using the Move item up, move item down and remove commands in the context menu.

46 minutes ago, elee532 said:

Pardon my ignorance! Is this something that I can do myself, or is this something that a dealer has to configure? Thanks!

If you have Composer Home Edition then yes you can adjust the driver's properties.

Thanks Alanchow. I've been reviewing the Composer Home Edition website, but I can't figure if there is an extra cost for this software or not. Do you happen to know?

Yes there is a cost

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Okay. Thanks. Any idea how much? How big a deal is it to install Composer HE? It's not been something I discussed with my dealer. Is it something that is going to have a big impact on the scope of my project? Or, is it likely something relatively easy that my installer can add on the spot. I ask because my install is scheduled for tomorrow morning and I'm wondering the likelihood of the installer being able to add this on.

Thanks!

Okay. Thanks. Any idea how much? How big a deal is it to install Composer HE? It's not been something I discussed with my dealer. Is it something that is going to have a big impact on the scope of my project? Or, is it likely something relatively easy that my installer can add on the spot. I ask because my install is scheduled for tomorrow morning and I'm wondering the likelihood of the installer being able to add this on.

Thanks!

It's very easy. It's just a piece of software to install on your pc

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Archived