C4 Forums | Control4

Xfinity X1

Rod Matthews

I am testing the waters to see about these new style boxes for xfinity. After doing some reading, they seem to be a real pain in the butt for control. Do the updated drivers seem to play nice? I dont want to go through the whole process of getting these new boxes if they are going to cause constant issues being controlled

one of the two new drivers work the boxes perfectly for me.  not 100% sure why/how they differ, but put one in try the "PREV" (aka last) button.  that is seemingly the only difference in the two from what I can tell.  If that button works you're golden.  IR receiver on the main DVR is easily seen with a flashlight. 

this will help with the rest of the boxes

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Boxes-and-IR-Locations/td-p/2720333

• 6 months later...

With x1 we've had better luck with the v1 driver. V2 works so poorly it's not even worth trying. This is with the X1 rackmount box as well as the standard X1 box. I can post specific model #'s if required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

With x1 we've had better luck with the v1 driver. V2 works so poorly it's not even worth trying. This is with the X1 rackmount box as well as the standard X1 box. I can post specific model #'s if required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The IP driver can't come fast enough. Though with Comcast being Comcast, who knows how well it will work :D

Archived