C4 Forums | Control4

Update Manager Problems with Older Controller (1.3.2 -> 1.7)

Hi all - need some help here, if anyone has some tricks up their sleeves!

I bought an old HC500 just to do some embernet->zpro upgrades (I have an ea-3 in the system now) on some old lsz-102s that I got for a really good deal.

Long story short - 1.3.2 on the HC500, trying to update to anything above to get the network tools I need to push the updates. 1.3.2 - 2.5.3 all see the update available to push it to 1.7.4, but it never starts downloading. In the logs, it shows that for each file, it's getting a 404 error and just keeps looping through each wget request.

I've also tried doing a usb restore, but windows 10 (even in compatibility mode) don't seem to be playing nicely. Anyone have any quick tips -- I'm sure I'm missing something stupid.

EDIT: Started trying different USB drives until one took. Seems like some of the newer USB drives have some weird issue where they report constantly in-use/locked and wouldn't format. One of my USB drives finally worked, an older one, FWIW. My USB restore should be working here shortly.

• 1 month later...

Nah. As of August, due to a security certificate expiration, no systems below 2.2 can connect to the C4 cloud services, including 4sight, updates and music services and email notifications.

To update, you HAVE to do a USB update stick, or do a restore.

Archived