C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Amazon Echo with Voice Scenes driver

ptome

Has anyone tried this yet?   Does it work pretty much the same way as Ari's driver? (in that you can program it to active or deactivate a scene when you 'Alexa, turn on theater').  Based on no Echo activation word  like "Alexa, Tell Control4 to..." that it is still limited to only On, Off, Up, Down and Set commands - like Ari's.

With the Voice Scenes driver, can I finally say 'Alexa, change the living room light strips blue' (or even 'turn on the living room light strips blue)?   If I could do color commands or use an actual 'listen' or 'play' or even 'watch' commands then this would be very powerful.  If I could do these, then for me it may be worth converting over to.  The Voice Pod driver let me do the 'listen' to or 'watch' commands - but not color.   The IFTTT diver does let me to the colors (and now the listen or watch since Voice Pod is gone).  IFTTT does have a bit of a delay (a few seconds some times), is the only issue.

Currently I use Ari's for anything that On/Off/Dim make sense for.  For anything that I want to set color to or what to watch or listen to I use IFTTT.    We have a couple of Echos and 7 Dots around the house and seldom use buttons/keypad nor phone app any more.

Voice scenes only have ON and OFF events, so scene "Kitchen Music" will have events "Turn On Kitchen Music" and "Turn Off Kitchen Music"

There is also a generic event for "Voice Scene Received".

Ari's driver has events for ON, OFF, UP, DOWN, SET for each trigger defined.

Archived