C4 Forums | Control4

4 questions about HC300/programming

ChrisC4

I am a newbie here so I apoligize if this has been discussed earlier. I have 4 questions that I would like to get answers to if someone would be so kind as to help me...see the questions below.

1. Can anyone point me in the direction of a 'really' good programmer in Georgia (metro Atlanta) that I could talk to and maybe have him/her 'tweak' my system?

2. Is there training out there for DIYs (like me) that like their on hands on experiences and get satisfaction out of doing it themselves? (from C4 or anybody who knows the system)

3. I have a Kenwood 400 disc changer and I want to either get the serial driver, if available or create a macro to be able to use the cover art in navigator to select my movies. It is capable of discrete disc selection.

4. Does the HC300 have an IR Blaster on the front panel? If so, has anyone used this and how reliable is it?

I will take a stab at a few of these:

1: The best place to look for a local dealer is to utilize the Control4 site and search your area. Many of the dealers on the forum can make some programming changes remotely, if your not already working with a dealer.

2: Dan just posted a good training that came from the CEDIA coarse given to dealers, the rest of us (even dealers) find some of the best training working with other on these forums. There is nothing specific for the DIY that I have seen.

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=2346

3: There is IR Drivers for the following Kenwood DVD Changers:

DV-5050M

DV-5700

DV-5900M

I have not used them, so I can't attest to how complete they are.

4: The HC-300 does have a blaster on the front as long as nothing is plugged into IR-6 in the back. It works well and is powerful.

chris,

sent ya an email. I'm on the southside of atlanta, if your in need of some assistance let me know, I have Control4 in my own home and we are also dealers. I'm def' a dyi'er and can give you (as much as I can) some things to help you get your project rolling.

Neil

Archived