C4 Forums | Control4

Cannot restore project - out of free space

I was having trouble with the media and was not able to add/change/delete anything so baed on what I found on the forums I deleted the mm.db file and restarted the controller (HC-300).  The mm.db file was not created.  After looking at the var/logs/alerts.log file I saw that the controller tried to create a new mm.db file but couldn't.    I tried to copy a backup using Finder on my mac, and it failed due to not enough free space.

So I tried to restore an older project, but after running for a while it says it is out of free space.  How does it not have enough free space to restore a project onto the same controller that it was backed up from?

How do I determine what is using the free space so that I can either restore a backup, or have the controller create a new MM.db file?

Without this file, the controller will not start and my house is completely non-functioning.

Processors store a "backup" copy on the disk. So essentially you have 2 on there. 

Do you have a good back up?

if so, connect to the 300 and clear the project then power cycle the controller. After it boots back up reload it and you should be good to go. Worst case do a factory restore

Thanks Knowitall.  I was able to restore a backup without getting the out of space message, unfortunately it did not restore the mm.db file. 

What is the process for a factory reset? Once I reset it I'll have to setup the network again.  Is there anything else before I restore a backup? 

This (and the original thread) make me wonder if the flash storage went bad - and that's why it cannot repair the mm.db file - or for that matter could be why you couldn't add/remove/delete media to begin with.

A restore MAY fix this - but it could also completely kill off the controller if my suspicion is correct.

Archived