C4 Forums | Control4

HEOS!

Way to go!

HEOS brings 24bit Hirez and DSD and Spotify Connect right into the heart of Control4.. and these tracks can be played out multiroom via a Control4 analog audio matrix (using the wonderful Denon DAC built into the HEOS Link...)

24 Bit, and DSD tracks can be found  when you run the clever, easy to set up and lean linux based (an free) MinimServer DLNA server on a QNAP (or Synology) : See and search computeraudiophile.com on this...

though the metadata tags built into MinimServer don't seem to be showing up well (it's buggy) in Control4..(or within Heos for that matter..so this may well be a HEOS thing)...LOL go figure... I'll have to work on that one.. DSD playback seems a bit buggy too but it's early days. Only just come in firmware.

Anyway.. Add a HEOS LINK HS2 as a source into your rack for well under 500 bucks, and you can get 24bit, DSD and Spotify Connect right around the house via your Control4 setup...

The tracks certainly play...

How good is this! I'm pumped... Rock on Control4..

W

Sorry but why are you spamming daily with Heos? Are they paying you per thread or post?

I don't think current situation with Sonos or Heos deserves this kind of attention. There are bigger issues within C4 than those two...

Poslano sa mog LG-D802 koristeći Tapatalk

Nope. Of course I'm not being paid. Just an enthusiast that's all. P.S I've been around the traps long enough around here to know where this might be heading. We need open music streaming options. And as much choice as possible. Cheers. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.....Way better using Asset UPnP. Library now snappy even on the old 7inch TS... WAY better searching and browsing.... problem is with MinimServer<>Heos. W

So current stable set up:

C4 7 Inch TS calls Asset UPnP (running on QNAP 470Pro)>Denon Heos Link HS2>Stereo Analog out>C4 Audio Matrix>All Rooms.... 

or                                 Spotify App>Spotify Connect>Denon Heos Link HS2>                "            >      " 

No full spotify, no care. With the Sonos situation, they better find a way to keep the playlist/search functionality for Spotify or this is gonna end up being a HUGE issue. I can only imagine the reaction when thousands of customers lose the ability and no one has a good answer for why.

On 10/11/2016 at 7:45 AM, wappinghigh said:

.....Way better using Asset UPnP. Library now snappy even on the old 7inch TS... WAY better searching and browsing.... problem is with MinimServer<>Heos. W

So current stable set up:

C4 7 Inch TS calls Asset UPnP (running on QNAP 470Pro)>Denon Heos Link HS2>Stereo Analog out>C4 Audio Matrix>All Rooms.... 

or                                 Spotify App>Spotify Connect>Denon Heos Link HS2>                "            >      " 

or even better way ;)  Here you can start the audio stream and then if you have a voice scene on an echo dot in the room, you can use your voice with a scene like "enable living room spotify"

Archived