C4 Forums | Control4

HC-1000 Crash

My system crashed today while trying to add a new driver on my HC-1000/HC-500 system.  No more link light on any of my controllers.

I successfully when though the same recovery process a year ago but this time I seem to be running into trouble.  My attempts at a USB Restore don't seem to be working.  After plugging in the USB restore stick in the HC-1000 and cycling power, after ~3 minutes the Link and Data lights alternately flash and then after about a minute all three lights are on solid.  I then remove the USB stick and cycle power.  Only the power light stays on after that and nothing happens.  I not sure what I am missing from the last time I did this.

Any assistance would be appreciated! 

Thanks but I already have one on the way!  How much in case I toast that one too.  I heard there many be some kind of patch that will avoid all this?

I took the thing apart to see if there was any video connection inside in order to monitor what was happening on boot up and to my surprise...

There is an Intel Atom based mother board, power supply, hard drive and eUSB.

So i'm guessing that the Linix code on the eUSB is somehow corrupt as you can see it going though the motions.  In general, it looks like it's indicating a bunch of bad memory addresses and then stops.

I wonder what kind of a performance improvement there would be running the eUSB with a "real" computer.  Anybody ever try that?

Any ideas out there?

Doing some further research, I have learned that you can only USB restore a controller to the version it originally was.  In my case the eUSB in the HC-1000 is labelled as ver. 2.0.1.  Further investigation revels that 2.0.1 is not available and you would use 2.0.6.102864.  However, I can't find that either.

The lowest version available seems to be 2.2.0.

Can anybody help me out?

Can you let me know the MAC address and the version that is on the eUSB in the case, if it's not too much trouble, then it's a deal!

There is something I can't figure out.  Using the USB Creator application, the lowest version I can go is 2.2.4.,  I need 2.0.6..

This is with the MAC address of the controller I have and one that I found a picture of on eBay.  I assume the application goes out and fetches the versions that are "appropriate" for the controller?

Ouch! You like to speak your mind!  Definitely a dick but you speak the truth all the same.  I respect that.

Maybe I have ordered new equipment.  Maybe I'm just tenacious and would like to figure this out.  Maybe I can contribute something back to this forum. 

USB Restore was a dead end.  Neither controller will take a USB restore, no mater what version.  While I am waiting for my new equipment, I thought I would torment myself.

I find it bizarre that this equipment is so fragile! 

B.T.W., W.T.F. does a solid blue wi-fi light mean on an HC-500???

Ouch! You like to speak your mind!  Definitely a dick but you speak the truth all the same.  I respect that.

Maybe I have ordered new equipment.  Maybe I'm just tenacious and would like to figure this out.  Maybe I can contribute something back to this forum. 

USB Restore was a dead end.  Neither controller will take a USB restore, no mater what version.  While I am waiting for my new equipment, I thought I would torment myself.

I find it bizarre that this equipment is so fragile! 

B.T.W., W.T.F. does a solid blue wi-fi light mean on an HC-500???

Fragile? It's old at this point

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Back up and running on an HC-250.  Found a good price on an HC-800 and will implement that when it arrives.

Good advice from out there... it's not worth your time screwing around with old stuff.  Don't waste your time and just get new(er) stuff.

Archived