C4 Forums | Control4

4-way dimmer

tbutman8

I currently have the following 4-way switch/dimmer configuration (diagram #7 control line side) in my basement. I'm wondering if I can replace it with a C4 dimmer and keypads but don't think I can.

I'm asking here before I call my dealer or an electrician. Looking at the diagrams online it doesn't seem like I can. 77e81c3584188c33f53e9f750e0519d1.png77e81c3584188c33f53e9f750e0519d1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter what color the wire is. The dimmer itself needs a hot in and the keypads need traveler neutral and ground. 

If you don't have neutrals at the switch locations some times you can connect them to the ground and it works but I don't recommend it

I did a lot of dimmers, switches, 3/4 way installations. you need to see what is going on in the electrical box. where is your Hot cable and where is load. Are they in same box? so you need 3 cable going trough all boxes (neutral, travel and ground). If you have hot in one box and load in over box, so you need neutral, travel, ground and load. everything depends on you wiring.....

Archived