C4 Forums | Control4

HC-300B wlll not update

I would like to integrate a HC-300B into my system, specifically to utilized the relay capability.  I have used a USB restore on it to 2.5.3.  My system is using 2.8.0.  For some reason, update manager will not recognize that it is above the minimum rev. (2.2.0) to update?  No matter rev I restore this to, I cannot get this to work.

Any suggestions out there?

Yes.  My current director is an HC-250.  I am running 2.8.0.  The update manager shows all  my 4 HC-200s and touchscreens ready to update to 2.9. The HC-300 is listed in red because it thinks its at 2.0.0 and needs be at 2.2.0 to update past 2.6.  I restored it to 2.5.3 which shows on the system manager on all but the "system-version" which is 2.0.0. 

7 hours ago, C4Jockey said:

I get a message on the video output from the HC-300 itself saying that Navigator has not been completely installed, that this is normal and to please use Update Manager to complete the installation.

That part is normal enough.

I'd try removing the existing driver, add it back in and re-ID

Thanks Cyknight, I tried that, it re-identified fine but still thinks it's at 2.0.0 and will not update.

Here is the output from system manager.

||/ Name                            Version                         Description
+++-===============================-===============================-==============================================================================
ii  c4drivers                       2.5.3.429171-res                Control4 Drivers
ii  kernel-modules-wolverine        2.6.28.10-rc8.69                Linux 2.6 Kernel Modules
ii  rootfs-hc300                    2.5.3.429171-res                Root Filesystem
ii  system-version                  2.0.0.0                         System Version Utility
OK

Archived