C4 Forums | Control4

C4 iPod dock is ready

Mav-Jason

Can't believe this hasn't hit the boards yet, but a lil birdie told me they are done and start shipping Dec. 8th.

Features include full onscreen iPod interface even.

w00t w00t!!!

On a side note, all Controllers are now shipping w/ SR250's :D:D:D

The 'Books Open' message has indeed gone out on the Control4 Dock for iPod.

No one will have one until they are shipped, however, so a picture is probably not going to be available from an end user here on the forums.

Here's Control4's product page (with pictures, etc.):

http://www.control4.com/cp/113-CFDE061C/index.htm

RyanE

You know what I mean, and you delivered with product photos. :)

No iPhone support? Interesting.

Where did you hear that there was no iPhone support?

Certainly the iPhone and iTouch are supported iPods to be used in the Control4 Dock for iPod.

All 'modern' iPods are supported (those that support the USB interface on their dock, which is anything made in the last couple of years at least).

RyanE

Edited to Add: I mean, look at the picture on the Control4 website. That's either an iPhone or an iTouch docked in it... :)

This is fantastic. Does anyone have a price on one of these yet. Would love to get my dealer going on this. Thanks.

I believe the pricing is $299 retail.

Plus installation, of course.

BYOiP (Bring Your Own iPod) -- iPod not included, of course.

:)

RyanE

No iPhone support? Interesting.

Where did you hear that there was no iPhone support?

Certainly the iPhone and iTouch are supported iPods to be used in the Control4 Dock for iPod.

All 'modern' iPods are supported (those that support the USB interface on their dock' date=' which is anything made in the last couple of years at least).

RyanE

Edited to Add: I mean, look at the picture on the Control4 website. That's either an iPhone or an iTouch docked in it... :)[/quote']

that's an iPod touch (it says iPod in the top left) and I saw that it wasnt listed here:

http://www.control4.com/documents/briefs/Control4-DockforiPod.pdf

I mean, dont you think it would be a "big deal" (sales spec) to mention that it has iPhone support if it does, considering that there are a ton more iphones sold than ipod touches?

Yes, the Dock works with the iPhone and has been tested to ensure compatibility. However, the Dock is not Apple certified at this point. Because of this Apple will not allow us to claim iPhone certification on our literature or marketing materials.

Archived