C4 Forums | Control4

Vista 20P 4232cbm Honeywell

abovedeck

Question

I've read just about every thread on here about integration between this alarm panel and C4.  My programmer has spent about 6 hours trying to get it to work using all of the different combinations posted on this site (although old threads with drivers that are no longer available), and ADT came today and spent another 3.  No luck.  The problem is that the alarm system keeps getting fire triggers or hold up triggers from the C4.  I have another guy from ADT coming on Friday who swears he knows how to do it, but he also states that the correct module is the 4100SM, not the 4232.

Is there some more recent history of a successful integration? I've got an EA-5 and a newer Vista 20P panel... Bummed that this has not been an easy install.

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't you have your c4 dealer and alarm installer meet one another on site so we can see lua outputs and/or director logs while all this is happening? All this back and forth on a forum with third party info passed onto a very likely clueless ADT tech isn't doing much good.

Or better yet have your dealer call in while he's on site with ADT. This module/driver works, it's 99% user/installer/configuration error.

If I recall, the instructions talking about RIS were for the old version of the driver. The newer 20P panels have RIS hard-enabled and you don't need to muck with RIS address settings, which is why the screenshot of my driver config doesn't show the RIS address as an option. 

There's two different drivers for the panel. One shows up as "Vista 20P" and had the old documentation. The new one shows up as 4232CBM and has the options we showed. 

Its been a while, though. I do recall that it took me several hours of tinkering, mostly with security panel settings, to get it talking. 

I second other folk's recommendations. Get the dealer and the ADT guy out at the same time. 

One thing nobody has asked yet. How sure are you that the hardware is good? Is it possible you got all the settings right and the 4232CBM module is just bad? This setup really wasn't that difficult. 

38 minutes ago, Joshua Pressnell said:

If I recall, the instructions talking about RIS were for the old version of the driver. The newer 20P panels have RIS hard-enabled and you don't need to muck with RIS address settings, which is why the screenshot of my driver config doesn't show the RIS address as an option. 

There's two different drivers for the panel. One shows up as "Vista 20P" and had the old documentation. The new one shows up as 4232CBM and has the options we showed. 

Its been a while, though. I do recall that it took me several hours of tinkering, mostly with security panel settings, to get it talking. 

I second other folk's recommendations. Get the dealer and the ADT guy out at the same time. 

One thing nobody has asked yet. How sure are you that the hardware is good? Is it possible you got all the settings right and the 4232CBM module is just bad? This setup really wasn't that difficult. 

I guess that's another troubleshoot option.  All the LEDs work and the panel and C4 talk to one another.  Was just thinking maybe there is some order of operations regarding powering off, powering on, disconnecting, etc.

From everything I've ready, it looks like it should be simple plug n play.  But I, my dealer, and ADT are not getting those results.SO new module here we come!

On 12/17/2016 at 9:27 AM, knowitall said:

I'm not reading all that, but why are you using the driverworks driver when there is a certified c4 honeywell driver available online thru the search tab?

also are you sure you have a 9.2 panel or whatever it needs to be?

Panel chip is 9.12 which is requirement.  As or driver, have tried both, and per numerous programmers on here and elsewhere, the driverworks is more reliable.

2 minutes ago, abovedeck said:

Panel chip is 9.12 which is requirement.  As or driver, have tried both, and per numerous programmers on here and elsewhere, the driverworks is more reliable.

wat.

I've never used anything but the certified drivers on ANY of my jobs. It's bulletproof.

Archived