C4 Forums | Control4

Houselogix HSIM

abovedeck

Question

Is there a way to bypass the code being needed to ARM the system?  I read a couple other threads about this from a year ago but there was no answer.

I understand why it would not allow for no code when DISARMING... but to ARM the system why need the code?  Makes programming scenes kinda impossible.

I figured out how to make macros using the keypad.  So for example, at night, I like to arm the system "ARMED STAY INSTANT" so to do that, I have to press #2.  I figured I can make a macro so that when I push "Goodnight" on my KD120s, it does that macro.  I can do the same for when I press "Goodbye,"

Rather than use the "ARM" feature within Houselogix, set up macros to use the keypad to arm the system.  I guess this is the workaround?

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, funnyfarm299 said:

Go to partition 1, and where it says "default user code" enter something. Now you can use the "arm" and "disarm" commands via programming.

Yeah, figured that out.

How familiar are you with this driver?

I have communication between the alarm panel and c4.  I'm having issues with sending commands from C4 though. In the beginning, it worked great.  And then my programmer messed with something and it stopped.  I re-checked my wiring so it's not that.  But I cannot get any commands sent from C4 to the alarm to actually work, whether it's "ARM" or "DISARM." 

On 1/25/2017 at 1:20 AM, abovedeck said:

Yeah, figured that out.

How familiar are you with this driver?

I have communication between the alarm panel and c4.  I'm having issues with sending commands from C4 though. In the beginning, it worked great.  And then my programmer messed with something and it stopped.  I re-checked my wiring so it's not that.  But I cannot get any commands sent from C4 to the alarm to actually work, whether it's "ARM" or "DISARM." 

Hi Abovedeck,

Did you ever figure this out?  I am having the exact same issue.  Everything works via the control4 app except arming/disarming.  History just says Arm Failed.  It is actively updating statuses, open and closed zones, etc.  Just cannot get the thing to Arm/Disarm?  I thought maybe it was wrong keypad address, but I have changed between 18-29 with no luck.  

Thanks for any insight,

Jeff

On 2/4/2017 at 11:26 AM, Jeffrey said:

Hi Abovedeck,

Did you ever figure this out?  I am having the exact same issue.  Everything works via the control4 app except arming/disarming.  History just says Arm Failed.  It is actively updating statuses, open and closed zones, etc.  Just cannot get the thing to Arm/Disarm?  I thought maybe it was wrong keypad address, but I have changed between 18-29 with no luck.  

Thanks for any insight,

Jeff

What I found was that after you actually change the numerical values in composer, you have to press "SET" a couple times.  "SET" disappears so it can give the illusion that you are programmed to keypad address 18, but until that setting is actually SET, nothing will happen.

If that fails, the problem could also be that you have partition messages set to NO or that your virtual keypad address for the alarm panel is not correct.

On 2/6/2017 at 3:02 PM, abovedeck said:
What I found was that after you actually change the numerical values in composer, you have to press "SET" a couple times.  "SET" disappears so it can give the illusion that you are programmed to keypad address 18, but until that setting is actually SET, nothing will happen.

If that fails, the problem could also be that you have partition messages set to NO or that your virtual keypad address for the alarm panel is not correct.

Thanks for your help above deck!  Got it integrated.  Are the function keys able to be programmed for any thing?  Or anything else you figured out that adds to the usability of integrating?

Thanks!

Jeff

3 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Thanks for your help above deck!  Got it integrated.  Are the function keys able to be programmed for any thing?  Or anything else you figured out that adds to the usability of integrating?

Thanks!

Jeff

Not really... I mean, you can program activities off of sensors and contacts.  You would need your dealer to bind generic motion sensor and contact drivers to your existing zones.

Archived