C4 Forums | Control4

Will a new version of Composer HE come out as soon as V1.7 ships?

C4Newbie

I have a subscription to 4sight and have Composer HE. However, I have never been contacted by 4sight to let me update my software version. I am still at 1.3.

How does havibg the 4sight subscription work in terms of updating the software.? I had understood when buying it that I would be notified of a web site that I could go to for the updates.

I have a valid registration that is active and yet I have received no notification of any updates.

If I need to do something to get the updates please advise

When you purchase Composer HE you get a one year subscription to 4-sight. You also get access to software updates for Composer HE snd the system software for your controllers. As long as you keep your 4Sight subscription up to date you can get free updated to Composer HE.

To answer you question C4Newbie, if you purchase composer HE 1.6 now and version 1.7 is released next week you can get the updated Composer HE 1.7 software for free if 4Sight is current.

I am sure you know having the software for free does not mean that getting it installed will be free. To move to Composer HE 1.7 your system software will need to be updated to 1.7. Your dealer has to do all this work and that costs money.

Free updates could change at any time. Considerable resources are required to develop new software. The cost of development resources need to be recovered. C4 is a business after all. C4 may not always provide these updates for free.

Disclaimer, I have no inside information that C4 plans to charge for any updates at any time.

Archived