C4 Forums | Control4

EA-1 as audio endpoint

abigroot

I am using my EA-1 as an audio endpoint. Here is my layout:

Samsung TV

Comcast Box

EA-1

SR260 Remote

I had the IR commands setup exactly how I want them: IE "watch" "Comcast" from nothing happenning in the room will turn the samsung TV on, select HDMI2 and give me control of the comcast box. Pressing the "4" button will also trun the Samsung TV on and select HDMI1 and give me control of the Control4 ea-1. I am usign the HDMI audio out of the EA-1 to serve as an audio endpoint.

I am struggling with how to get the TV to turn on, select HDMI1 (which is also the c4 screen) so I can hear the audio stream when I "listen" on the remote or a touch screen.

I thought about programming a variable of when active zone is master bedroom, "press 4 on remote" type of thing, but I cannot seem to find what I am looking for. I see the room variable of "when playing audio device changes" but I don't think that is what I am looking for.

Basically, I want to be able to press listen, select whatever audio source I want to listen to (lets say Pandora), select a station and have the Samsung TV turn on, select HDMI1 and start playing the audio.

Can anyone help me on this?

Yes it is. Sort of limits what I can do, but multi tasking audio streaming while watching TV is never really going to happen. Like I said, all works except when I am listening to any audio source, I have to manually press the "4" on the remote to get the TV on and HDMI1 selected. Then the audio plays through like it is supposed to. Either way, I want the TV to select HDMI1 when I select "listen" in the master bedroom.

10 minutes ago, abigroot said:

Yes it is. Sort of limits what I can do, but multi tasking audio streaming while watching TV is never really going to happen. Like I said, all works except when I am listening to any audio source, I have to manually press the "4" on the remote to get the TV on and HDMI1 selected. Then the audio plays through like it is supposed to. Either way, I want the TV to select HDMI1 when I select "listen" in the master bedroom.

The TV should turn on and switch to HDMI 1 if the system is bound properly. This is how I setup my Control4 demo kit and it works fine. I select listen and the TV turns on and switches to Navigator automatically. 

Given the list of equipment in post one, watching and listening to two different sources would never occur so I'm not sure why that is part of the discussion. You have a TV as your video and audio endpoint, it's also handling volume control.

You're doing something wrong. As I said, your TV is the endpoint connection for all. Set that on the room level, power off room, refresh navs. Try it.

Archived