C4 Forums | Control4

Can you make the Jandy pool controls visible in web navigator?

C4Newbie

I just had my C4 install done and I purchased and installed the serial link for the Aqualink RS. We can view the Jandy control from the C4 7" touch panel but I cannot view it remotely from Web Navigator. That's the reason I had it installed - so that I can control my pool remotely and turn the heater on before I head out to my house (weekend home).

Is my dealer correct in saying that this cannot be done or is there a way to set this up so that I can control my pool remotely?

Thanks,

• 4 months later...

Your dealer is correct that there is no native support for the pool control on my.control4.com. There are workarounds. A dummy C4 switch can be added to your system and programmed to control the pool heater.

I am not sure if the IPhone/iTouch app has pool control. I will check. If you have Internet connection at your weekend home it would be possible to access the C4 system from the Internet via the iPhone/iTouch application. You would of course have to have an iPhone or iTouch and also purchase the software license. With thios setup you have access to the C4 Navigator in the iPhone/iTouch.

Unfortunately the Jandy does not show up on the Control UI app (and I have v2 - the latest). I'll look into the dummy switch. That sounds promising. All I really need to do it turn the heater on and off remotely.

I wonder why C4 doesn't make it accessible via my.control4.com. Seems like it should be pretty easy. That's actually one of the main reasons I got C4 so that I can turn my pool heater on before I go out to my weekend house. Oh well...

On a separate note, has anyone played with the Goldline Aqualogic serial module (AQ-CO-SERIAL) and tried integrating it? The serial interface is basically a virtualized keypad but wasn't sure if someone had already worked on creating a driver for it yet?

so my dealer tried to "driveway heater" motorization control to switch on and off the pool heater from 4sight but unfortunately that's not working. Back to the drawing board.

I can't believe I'm the only one who really wants to be able to control my pool heater remotely. I'm hoping C4 is working on integrating access to my Jandy from 4sight unless we can come up with something else.

so my dealer tried to "driveway heater" motorization control to switch on and off the pool heater from 4sight but unfortunately that's not working. Back to the drawing board.

I can't believe I'm the only one who really wants to be able to control my pool heater remotely. I'm hoping C4 is working on integrating access to my Jandy from 4sight unless we can come up with something else.

The solution that works is to use a dummy C4 switch.

C4newbie,

Have your dealer create a "dummy switch" in your project.

Label it something like "Pool Heat"

Then put programming on the switch that when light is on,

turn on the pool heat.

When light is off Turn off pool heat

ControlUI unfortunately won't help accessing the pool heater remotely. Besides, who knows where that is on ControlUI's priority list.

It does not do it yet, but my guess is that they will add it in a future update, and that is what I am waiting for.

• 1 month later...

The way to handle the remote manipulation of the Jandy control is to use "light scenes".

I have 6 "light scenes" for my Jandy controller. 1. Pump On 2. Pump Off 3. Heater On 4. Heater Off 5. Pool lights ON 6. Pool lights Off

When executing a light scene you can program the Jandy controller to do whatever it is that you want. Lighting scenes show up in web navigator.

BTW, I also use this approach for turning off music at my house when I'm away and using 4sight.

Archived